We purchased two of these unusual (for us) veggies on Sunday at the local market.
Tonight we decided to cook them up.
- Started with lean ground beef.
- Added in tomato sauce, onions, red peppers, and a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella to bind it, also assorted spices, parsley and chives. Salt and pepper.
- Sliced the veg lengthwise and scraped out seeds and pulp with a spoon.
- Brushed one tsp olive oil into each shell and stuffed with the beef mixture.
- Baked 20 min at 375 and then sprinkled shredded cheese and panco on top and baked for another 10 min.
- Allowed to cool slightly and I put some Tobasco sauce on top.
2 Replies to “Beef Stuffed Bitter Melon”
They were very good, but well named. I think next time I would brush honey rather than olive oil in the shells before stuffing.